Have you ever gazed in awe at a spectacular fireworks show and wondered how much time and effort went into coordinating the different colors, patterns, effects & music ?
Putting together a grandiose fireworks show is a real art form, even though it is rarely ever studied or discussed as such…
On the eve of their 25th anniversary and despite the ongoing pandemic, the GRANDS FEUX du Casino Lac-Leamy have decided to put their faith in the capable hands of a dynamic, Outaouais based artistic company LES FONDATEURS to bring to the public 2 weeks of activities and 11 evenings of spectacular pyromusical shows from the grounds of the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau Qc.
For the occasion, alternating thematic 45 minutes shows of internation caliber are on the calendar set up by the Royal Pyrotechnie team: (Legends of Fire and Superheroes)
- Man is indeed the only being who knows how to make fire, and who has managed to tame this force of nature. Fire can destroy, but when under control, it illuminates !
- Royal Pyrotechnie invites you into this fantastic universe where Super Heroes devote themselves to the defense of honor and justice!
Other onsite activities include numerous local foodtrucks, glowbooths, costumed actors, fire dancers and an interactive bonfire made with lightbulbs that flashes to life when children run around it !
Gourmet evening bundles are also available that include VIP reserved seating, a 3 course gourmet dinner and a parking pass for two people !
The festival is definitely touted as being one of the biggest on-person event currently running in the nation- welcoming over 20,000 spectators over the course of their 11 spectacular evenings.
August Thursday 19th (superheroes) – Friday 20th (Legends of fire) – Saturday 21st (Superheroes)
More information: Accueil • Les Grands Feux du Casino Lac-Leamy • 7 au 21 août 2021
On site reserved seating for this year’s edition have already all been sold out , however you may catch the luminous show from any of the public grounds surrounding the museum or from the shoreline.
NEW this year on site: XFEU – the virtual experience of the Grands Feux du Casino Lac-Leamy brings you where no one has been able to set foot before: the fireworks launch barge!
This fully digital experience is an opportunity to discover the other side of the décor of great pyrotechnic shows, discover the world of artificers, learn more about their craft and experience a fantastic world.
During my visit I had the pleasure of having a behind the scenes tour with orgagnizer and president of Les Fondateurs, Marc-Antoine Massicotte and partner David Hamom who gave us some insight as to how the show is setup this year :
Interesting fireworks facts :
- The first fireworks were developped in ancient China, but they were simple in color and design.
- The brilliant colors are due to different metals and changing temperatures .
- Fireworks designers have to be creative in how they arrange metal based materials inside the main body of the cannister. “Star cluster arrangements“ determine the final shape of a firework. A single firework can have multiple layers of stars and sub-cannisters to create intricate designs that cascade one after another in the air.
- The pattern and shapes are named, usually after flowers.
- In modern times fireworks are often deployed via computer. Safety is assured for fireworks operators. Fireworks shows are programmed similarly to how lighting is programmed in a concert hall or theatre.
Upcoming August shows
– Thursday 19th (superheroes)
– Friday 20th (Legends of fire)
– Saturday 21st (Superheroes)
Learn more about the festival here :
Accueil • Les Grands Feux du Casino Lac-Leamy • 7 au 21 août 2021