May the FORCE be with you this week as Montreal’s FILMharmonic Orchestra is happy to whisk you away on an intergalactic journey as they perform live to John Williams’ Grammy®-winning score with the original 1980 film projected on the big screen at Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier this August 26th and 27th !
Created by George Lucas and directed by Irvin Kirshner, The Empire Strikes Back Episode V is perhaps the greatest achievement of the epic Star Wars saga.
It is the second film in the Star Wars film series and the fifth story in the chronological chapter of the “Skywalker Saga“.
Set three years after the events of Star Wars, the film recounts the battle between the malevolent Galactic Empire, led by the Emperor, and the Rebel Alliance, led by Princess Leia.
Luke Skywalker trains as a jedi to master the Force so he can confront the powerful Sith lord, Darth Vader
Experience the power of the FORCE, live in concert, with the 78 musicians of the FILMharmonique, led by maestro Erik Ochsner!
Friday 26th and Saturday 27th at 7:30pm
Supplementary performance Saturday afternoon at 2pm
TICKETS : https://placedesarts.com/…/star-wars-empire-strikes-back
- Producers / Presenters : Orchestre FILMharmonique, Productions GFN
- Venue : Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier
- Language : Original film will be shown with French subtitles
- Interpretation : The FILMharmonic Orchestra | Conductor : Erik Ochsner
- Duration : 2h25 with intermission
- © : 1980 & TM LUCASFILM LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Presentation licensed by Disney Concerts in association with 20th Century Fox, Lucasfilm Ltd.,and Warner/Chappell Music.
*** Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, the Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back concert — scheduled on March 18 and 19, 2022 — has been postponed until August 26 and 27, 2022. Ticket holders are asked keep their ticket(s), which will be honoured at the venue entrance.