Mountain Lake PBS is proud to offer resources to families and educators during this complicated and challenging time as we deal with school closures to limit the spread of coronavirus.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
- PBS KIDS Daily just launched, and it already has over 35,000 subscribers! Sign up now!
- How You and Your Kids Can De-Stress During Coronavirus
- Schools closed? How to make a new home routine
- Spectrum offering 60 days free broadband
RESOURCES FOR EDUCATORS
- PBS LearningMedia is a free resource for PreK-12 educators that supports distance learning, and provides resources to help explain the virus and promote healthy habits. Learn more: http://public.pbs.org/DistanceLearningResources. Check out the newly created PBS LearningMedia Virus Information & Prevention collection
- PBS LearningMedia sheets by subject area, including Virtual Field Trips
- PBS is offering a free virtual learning event for teachers this Wednesday, March 18 at 7 pm ET on the topic of distance learning with PBS LearningMedia. Spread the word and sign-up: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/distance-learning-with-pbs-learningmedia-tickets-99418944740
- Distance Learning Tips From One Teacher to Another (PBS TeachersLounge)
RESOURCES FOR KIDS
- The PBS KIDS 24/7 channel offers anytime access to trusted educational series for kids ages 2-8.
- The PBS KIDS Video app is available on mobile, tablet and connected TV devices and offers on-demand educational videos, and a livestream of the PBS KIDS 24/7 channel. No subscription required.
- The PBS KIDS Games app offers nearly 200 educational games, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere. Learn more about these and PBS KIDS’ other apps here: https://pbskids.org/apps
- Healthy Habits Playlist on YouTube