The former host of two Winter Olympic Games is gearing up for its 5th annual Holiday Village Stroll from December 7-9, 2012. Known for its majestic mountain backdrop and international appeal, Lake Placid provides the ideal setting for a picturesque winter getaway with this festive annual celebration.
From artist exhibitions to children’s activities and special Lake Placid events to partake in, the Holiday Stroll is designed with families and couples in mind.
Highlights from this festive Adirondack weekend include:
- Skating party at the Lake Placid Olympic Center
- Santa’s arrival by fire truck on Main Street
- Free holiday story time, ornament making, crafts and gingerbread house building
- A charity Jingle Bell Run, harvest market and artist exhibits
- Free wine tastings, gift wrapping and local store promotions
- Tree lighting in the village’s lakeside park as well as a Yule log hunt and lighting
- Free matinee showing of The Polar Express at the nostalgic Palace Theatre
Visitors will experience the magic of the holidays with twinkling lights, festive decorations, art exhibitions, tastings and dinner specials, night life and entertainment, shopping promotions and limited edition commemorative Holiday Stroll pins during this weekend-long event. Numerous Lake Placid hotels offer festive packages to complement the Holiday Village Stroll experience in Lake Placid:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort starting at $169 per night. Includes deluxe accommodations, welcome gift, $50 in holiday shopping dollars, lakeside bonfire with marshmallows and s’mores, and gingerbread house making. Children 12 and under are free.
- High Peaks Resort starting at $189 per night. Includes two nights of accommodations, $50 in holiday shopping dollars, and a $50 resort credit.
- The Pines Inn starting at $119 per night. Feature packages for couples and families, including a holiday welcome bag, late check-out and coffee and muffins each morning.
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa starting at $599 for a family of four for two nights. Includes deluxe accommodations for two adults and two children, breakfast each morning and $50 in holiday shopping dollars. Choose to add the Santa turn-down service with cookies and milk.
- Northwoods Inn starting at $210 for two nights. Includes accommodations, breakfast for two each morning, admission to the Art Reception in The Cabin Gallery, two free drink coupons, live entertainment and $20 in holiday shopping dollars. Children under 12 no additional charge.
- Wildwood on the Lake starting at $199 for the two-night stay. Includes lakefront accommodations for four, a welcome box of Candy Man Chocolates and an undecorated wreath to take home. Coffee and muffins served daily, with hot chocolate and cookies in the afternoon.
- Best Western Adirondack Inn starting at $144 per night. Includes accommodations for two adults, breakfast and $20 in holiday shopping dollars.