Saturday, August 6, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Included with general museum admission
Explore the Adirondack Museum and enjoy a variety of doggy demonstrations, programs, and activities with your furry friend! All dogs are welcome to this annual event when accompanied by well-behaved owners.
Rustic Agility Course
Do you think your dog could run an agility course? Try it out just for fun! Our special Adirondack obstacle course features a log walk, weave poles, and hurdles.
Don't miss this chance to show off your favorite four-legged friend. Sign up early and complete a registration form so we can tell spectators about your pal. Costumes encouraged but not required; small awards for best costume!
Paddling on the Pond
Take a ride in our canoe with your four-legged friend; life jackets available for humans and dogs.
Pose with your pooch at several photo op spots.
What dogs can you spot on campus?
Tails and Stories
Enjoy dog-themed story books and a couple of tall tails.
Doggy Day Care
Leave for pet with our caring staff and enjoy museum exhibits on your own. Water will be available at Doggy Day Care. Doggy clean-up pouches available at Admissions, the Membership Desk, and Doggy Day Care.
Rules & Regulations for Doggies Visiting Museum (and their people)
1. Dogs must be leashed at all times; 3' - 4' leash required.
2. Dogs only allowed on campus; not in exhibit buildings.
3. Owners must pick up after their pets; clean-up pouches will be available.
4. Poorly behaved or aggressive dogs, and their owners, will be asked to leave museum grounds.
5. A Doggy Day Care will be available at no charge; limited space is available and dogs cannot be left for more than 2 hours.
For a list of pet friendly accommodations in our area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org