MLPBS is currently searching for a Multimedia Production Specialist. Join a wonderful team of people dedicated to telling important stories about the region.
MOUNTAIN LAKE PBS
JOB TITLE: Multimedia Production Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Production & Content
REPORTS TO: Director of Content
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Summary of Job:
PURPOSE: The Multimedia Production Specialist is responsible for creative shooting, editing, graphic creation, audio mixing, and mastering for programs designed for telecast and web distribution. Functions as director for assigned projects in the studio, and as field producer, videographer, and editor on assigned programs, series, and short-form content.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as videographer and creative lead editor on programs and video segments designed for broadcast, web streaming and archiving, mobile platforms, and other uses.
- Produce original short-form content, including video packages, promos, and interstitial materials, which reflects Mountain Lake PBS’s high standards of production
- Create original graphics and effects for edited programs, promotional spots, title sequences, interstitials, etc., and integrate both original and pre-existing elements into finished products.
- Direct original programs and segments produced in the Mountain Lake PBS studio
- Serve in supporting role for studio and remote productions as needed.
- Inform Director of Content about any production, content, or technical issues, and research and suggest solutions as needed
- Work collaboratively with other staff members, contractors, interns, and volunteers. May act as project leader, coordinating and managing all contributors to assigned productions, including other staff members.
- Ensure that completed programs and videos are delivered to Master Control
- Prepare and post original content to websites, social media, ftp sites, and other distribution platforms.
- Keep track of expenses and hours spent on assigned projects, and report them to producer of project or series
- Support fundraising and outreach activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of production experience, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Creative skills needed to meet technical and practical production challenges are required.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Work Related Experience:
- Television and/or video production experience, including shooting, directing, graphic generation, and studio production.
- Demonstrated non-linear editing experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree plus three years of experience in television and video production.
- Training in digital photography
Work Related Experience
- Producing experience including TV programs, podcasts, and feature packages.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Motion, InDesign, and other software tools
- Broadcast equipment troubleshooting experience
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATIONS OR LICENSURE
Valid U.S. Driver’s license.
Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. of production equipment.
Adequate hearing and vision.
Ability to sit and work at a computer for prolonged periods of time
Send Application Materials To:
Please send Resume, Cover Letter and 3 professional references to:
Mountain Lake PBS
One Sesame Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
- OR -