Launching today is the new PBS KIDS Games App, which will bring our fun digital learning experience to your mobile device. The App will feature a wide variety of games from popular PBS KIDS series such as Wild Kratts and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, and is available for free on iOS and Android. The games encourage kids to explore math, science, creativity and more, and new games will be added regularly. This app was designed on years of PBS KIDS research about the way children use and learn from media, and recent studies have found positive effects on early learning from PBS KIDS interactive games. In addition to increases in children’s achievement in important skill areas, research has shown that PBS KIDS resources increase parent engagement in kids’ learning. “We know that kids can learn through engaging gameplay,” said Sara DeWitt, Vice President, PBS KIDS Digital. “PBS KIDS is a trusted digital resource for families; both kids and parents have asked for an app that offers their favorite PBS KIDS games in one place. The PBS KIDS Games App was developed as a direct response to the needs of today’s families, and is designed to deliver the experience that kids want, while helping them learn important skills along the way.” The PBS KIDS Games App will provide a fun and interactive learning experience for children that will increase their achievement in important development areas.
PBS KIDS Games App Features:
- A kid-friendly user experience, making it easy for children to browse and play games anytime and anywhere
- Learning games from favorite PBS KIDS series
- New games added regularly
- The capability to save favorite games to a device so that kids – especially those in under-connected homes – can play and learn anytime offline
- Parent resources, including information on each TV series, local PBS station schedules and the ability to manage the amount of storage the app uses on each device