Battle Of Plattsburgh 2012 Button
The 16th Annual Battle of Plattsburgh Poster Contest is seeking a Very Special Student whose winning poster will appear on all admission buttons for the annual Commemoration Weekend 2013.
- Fourth Grade students only, including those home schooled.
- Posters must be in COLOR and no larger than 12 inches by 18 inches.
- Deadline for entries is April 30, 2013.
- Submissions are to be returned to: North Country Teacher Resource Center.
- Students may work in any medium. The Poster must be scanned to create the button image. (therefore, 3-dimensional art and art covered with a shiny surface may not copy satisfactorily)
- One poster per student, please.
- Each submission must be marked with the student’s name, age, and name of school. Please place this information on the back of the poster. If possible, include the title of your poster on the front.
- Submitted posters become the property of the Battle of Plattsburgh Commemoration Committee.
- Posters that show creativity and imagination that focus on key incidents of the land and/or naval battle will have the best chance of being considered.
1st Place: $100 ~ 2nd Place: $75
~ 3rd Place: $50 ~
First, second and third prize winning posters will be framed and displayed for one year at the Battle of Plattsburgh Museum. The winning students will be invited to ride in the parade. Many posters will be displayed in downtown store fronts, at the Champlain Centre Mall and at the North Country Cultural Center for the Arts during the month of August through the celebration weekend. Fourth grade teachers in each area school have the contest guidelines. Students may enter a poster with their class or may produce a poster on their own at home.
For a copy of the guidelines or more info:
Jane Claffey 561-4296; email@example.com
Web site: http://www.champlain1812.com