The Bridal Boudoir AffairThe Bridal Boudoir Affair is a unique boutique shopping experience featuring an elaborate fashion show with couture gowns, samplings of Montreal's finest chefs and caterers, elegant decor and wedding specialists .
From the moment you say “I do”, life changes… A new journey has just begun, one in which you will never have to walk alone.
Marriage is one of the most anticipated moments in a girl’s life. Flushed with excitement, you can’t wait to show all your friends and family your engagement ring and announce to them that you are well on your way to your “happily ever after”. But before the big day arrives, there are countless things to prepare for: Sending out the invitations, selecting the location, finding the perfect gown, cake, catering service, photographer and minister. On top of all these, isn’t there a saying about finding something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue?
Organizing a wedding can be complex, but it shouldn’t be overwhelming. That’s where Maddy K and the annual Bridal Boudoir Affair come to help you plan your special day.
The Bridal Boudoir Affair is a unique boutique shopping experience featuring an elaborate fashion show with couture gowns, samplings of scrumptious foods prepared by some of Montreal's finest chefs and caterers, a unique man’s lounge, elegant decor and wedding specialists offering premium services to a sophisticated clientele. Attentive to requests and conscious of details, Maddy K of Maddy K Events & Weddings Atelier, personally selected these vendors for their expertise and their undisputed work in the wedding industry.
On Sunday the 24thof Mars, the 2013 edition of the Bridal Boudoir Affair took place over two floors of the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Montreal. Amid the numerous modern and beautifully decorated spaces of the hotel: the magnificent ballroom, the private Hyatt Zone or around the hotel’s lobby bar, the carefully selected vendors of The Bridal Boudoir Affair invited attendees to go behind the scenes of their dream wedding. Surrounded by a sophisticated atmosphere, brides-to-be, event planners and party hostesses alike found everything they needed to create a unique, one-of-a-kind event, backed by some of Montreal’s most talented wedding professionals.
This year’s edition highlighted the elegant theme of the very glamorous, but slightly naughty Great Gatsby. The event was hosted by the lovely Natasha Gargiulo from Virgin Radio’s morning show and Entertainment Tonight Canada, and the talented DJ and bride-to-be, Abeille Gélinas. Attendees spent the day sampling amazing food, desserts & beverages as well as meeting sommeliers, florists, caterers, musicians, decoration gurus, jewelers and other specialists.
Some of the Montreal based companies that graced the evening were:
- Buonanotte and Madalena Catering who gave attendees a taste of the best food, dessert and cake choices for your wedding or other specialty parties.
- The latest signature drinks were provided by Notable award winner: Brahm Mauer Bar Services Montreal’s premiere bar service. I loved their large decorative ice-cubes and Singapore slings!
- Yeh! Yogurt had an open self serve ice cream bar with an array of favorite toppings including mochi and their signature fruit burst bubbles.
- Guests were inspired by the room of fantasy tables created by Maddy K Atelier – These tables were elaborately decorated with lace, flowers and other colorful accessories.
- Girls and guys alike were treated to fine manicures by Essie cosmetics as well as given the chance to create their own custom lipgloss by Glossbar.com
- Attendees were given a heads up of all the new trends of 2013 from guest speaker Allison McGill, editor-in-chief of Wedding Bells magazine (Canada). Expect emerald green to be the prevailing color of the year and unique once in a lifetime destination vacation honeymoon planning!
- Live musicians were present to enhance the jazzy atmosphere and sexy burlesque queen Scarlett James was present to perform a unique show and add a touch of sensuality to the day.
The Bridal Boudoir Affair also offered a spectacular and specialized Bridal Fashion Show, created by well-known producer Andrew Ly of Trusst, where you could find all the latest bridal gowns and lingerie fashion trends. This year’s theme was the Great Gatsby, thus the designer gowns by Marchesa, Monique L’Huillier , Oscar de la Renta, Jenny Packham and Reem Acra from the brand new White Boutique Montreal in Old Montreal were ornate with decorative lace, open backs and flowing trains. Galleria Della Sposa’s private label, evening wear, lingerie from Blush Lingerie and a selection of men’s clothing were also highlighted.
For the first time ever, the Bridal Boudoir Affair offered grooms-to-be and their companions a special designated place to hang out while they await the lingerie fashion show. Sponsored by Montblanc and Silver Star Mercedes-Benz, the gentlemen were invited to sample fine liquors and take part in various activities after they’ve visited the vendors that interested them.
Amid all the elite vendors, stylish brides-to-be and sophisticated party hostesses, the event remained accessible and affordable to all.
The reigning motto of the day was: “Being original doesn’t have to mean pricey. It means being inventive, creative and unique.”
I attended the event with my bride- to- be best friend and I am very happy to report that we were glad to walk away from the event with several fine ideas and contacts for her up-coming nuptials!
The Bridal Boudoir Affair is an annual event at the Hyatt Regency Hotel
Tickets for future editions are available at www.bridalboudoiraffair.com
Take a look at the video highlights of the 2012 Bridal Boudoir Affair: http://vimeo.com/38707908