Saturday marked the end of the creative and colorful festivities at the Fashion & Design Festival that ran from Aug 9th to the 22nd 2015 at various venues around Montreal.
With 50 stunning fashion shows, over 300 participants and 550,000 visitors, the Fashion & Design Festival is a leading platform for fashion, design, music, beauty and shopping trends for both locals and visitors alike!
Here are some of my favorite highlights of the 2015 edition of Festival Mode & Design .
- If you ever thought walking in 4 inch heel stilettos was hard, try running in them! That’s what hundreds of participants did on August 19th at the “high end” Stiletto race for the Chaînon foundation alongside actress Julie du Page, Ambassador of the 15th edition of The Stiletto Race.
- For lovers of the 7th art : From the runway to the big screen, FMD and Cinéma du Parc presented five inspirational movies depicting some of fashion’s greatest innovators: Yves Saint-Laurent, Bill Cunningham, Albert Maysles & Iris Apfel, Valentino and Christian Dior.
- We recognize and love brands, but very few of us know the men and the women behind them. This year, FMD held over a dozen conferences for the public to meet, learn and be inspired by fashion experts such as Marc Jacob’s Stephen Jones and Vincent Leret from Dior Perfumes.
The crowd soaking in the sun and catching the latest trends at FMD ! - Photo by Monica Wong
- Thousands of art and fashion lovers converged onto the grounds of the Place des Festivals to shop for unique pieces at the various pop-up shops, mingle with some of the current names on the fashion scene or simply enjoy the nice weather and food trucks on the festival site.
- In light of their Horst: photographer of style Exhibition, The McCord Museum hosted a photo contest and invited visitors to vote for their favorite photo among the finalists of the Inspiration Horst contest. These photographs were also exposed in large format on site at the festival.
With Inspiration Horst First Prize winner: Photologia Isabelle Stephen. You might recognize her model !
- I love the diversity of Montreal’s street fashion, this unique essence was fully captured at Fashion blogger Lolita Dandoy’s Fashion Is Everywhere show on the M.A.D scene on Saturday the 22nd
Model Gerardine Jeune for Fashion is Everywhere
- Guess & Marciano, Alton Gray and Le Chateau presented their Fall line (a mix of rich reds , browns, blacks and faux furs ), just before the FMD presented their stunning 15th anniversary closing show that mixed high fashion with music, culture and technology - a world where connectivity is limitless ! Black Mohawk's designer Jessica Roy stunned us with her original and sexy themed costumes while the father of street art, Zilon spray painted FMD's spokesperson, Genevieve Borne live on stage !
With numerous activities including fashion shows, live creative sessions, design showcases and performances. This one-of-a-kind Festival is a wonderful occasion to celebrate innovation and provides an inside look at the world of fashion and design through a diversified program of unique experiences for all ages.
For more information on up-coming Fashion & Design Festival's events, please consult their main website : http://www.festivalmodedesign.com/
#gen'sdelights #FMD15 #FestivalModeetDesign #FashionisEverywhere #Guess&Marciano # JessicaRoy #BlackMohawk #AltonGray #CinemaduParc #Horst #McCordmuseum #IsabelleStephen