To inspire and enrich people and communities through meaningful storytelling, entertainment, education and public engagement.
Inspire, Enrich, Engage
- Creativity and Innovation
- Public Engagement
- Community Building and Education
- Stewardship and Sustainability
- Passion and Thoughtfulness
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Trust and Respect
Mountain Lake PBS is owned and operated by the Mountain Lake Public Telecommunications Council – a volunteer board of trustees representing the geographic area of the station’s broadcast signal. Mountain Lake PBS is a non-profit organization, and is the licensee of WCFE TV/Channel 57. We are represented in Canada by Les Amis Canadiens de Mountain Lake PBS. Mountain Lake PBS has a volunteer Community Advisory Board to provide the station with additional support and guidance.
The station serves as a member of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), for which around forty percent of our funding comes from voluntary contributions made by individual members, businesses and organizations. The remaining comes from various foundation support, New York State, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
Mountain Lake PBS provides high quality and non-commercial programming to approximately 4 million people throughout New York, Vermont, and Quebec, carrying PBS favorites like NOVA, Masterpiece, PBS Newshour, Frontline and a variety of children's programs including Sesame Street, Arthur and Curious George. Mountain Lake PBS also produces local programs including Mountain Lake Journal and occasional public forums.
We reach over 3.9 million viewers via antenna reception, cable or satellite providers in New York, Vermont, Quebec and Ontario.
Board of Directors
BOARD OF TRUSTEES - 2016
- Dr. James Liszka (BoardChair), NY
- Charlotte Brimstein (1st Vice Chair), NY
- Peter Ensel (2nd Vice Chair), NY
- Jim Holmes (Treasurer), NY
- Devi Momot (Secretary), NY
- Jacqueline Kelleher (Immediate Past Chair), NY
- Jeffrey Rendinaro, NY
- Dr. Mark Davey, NY
- Deb Cleary, NY
- Aaron Woolf, NY
- Antonietta Ciarlone, Canada
- Miriam Goulding, NY
- Patrick Russell, NY
- Thomas Hoy, NY
- Erik Nycklemoe (President & CEO), NY
2016 Meeting Dates
- June 6, 2016 (Board Retreat - Executive/closed session to discuss confidential business matters).
- June 29, 2016
- August 30, 2016 (Note: The Board entered into an executive/closed session for approximately 20 minutes to discuss a confidential business matter).
- October 25, 2016 (Note: The Board entered into an executive/closed session to discuss confidential business matters).
- December 13, 2016
Committe Meetings are held at Mountain Lake PBS Headquarters.
- September 19, 2016 (Nominating & Governance Committe Meeting 5:00 pm)
- September 21, 2016 (Business Development Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
- September 29, 2016 (Engagement & Marketing Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
- September 27,2016 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm) (Note: The Finance Committee entered into an executive/closed session for approximately 10 minutes to discuss a confidential business matter).
- October 5, 2016 (Development Committee Meeting 7:30 am)
- October 20, 2016 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
- October 25, 2016 (Executive Committee Meeting 4:00 pm) (Note: The Executive Committee entered into an executive/closed session at 4:00 pm to discuss a personnel matter until 4:55 pm prior to the scheduled Board Meeting then proceeded to re-enter into an executive/closed session once again to re-address and discuss the personnel matter when the Board meeting adjourned for approximately 50 minutes.)
- November 14, 2016 (Nominating & Governance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
- November 15, 2016 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
- November 16, 2016 (Business Development Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
- December 7, 2016 (Development Committee Meeting 7:30 am)
- December 13, 2016 (Finance Committee Meeting 4:00 pm)
COMMUNITY ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
- Connie Fisher
- Eleanor Garrell Berger
- Janice Marchut Conrad
- David Curry
- Deena McCullough
- Caroline Thompson Rubino
- Marty Maggy
- Dan Senkowski
- Ray Suarez
- Justin Barrett-Stearns
- Greg Gregoriou, PHD
- Margot Zeglis
- Charlotte Brimstein (Board Liason)
2016 Meeting Dates
- September 8, 2016 4:00 pm (Note: On this date the Community Advisory Board met and affirmed our programming goals.)
- December 7, 2016 4:00 pm
Copies of open Board Meeting minutes are available upon request at the station. In compliance with Section 396(k) of the Communications Act, Mountain Lake PBS maintains an open meeting policy. The public is welcome at all meetings. The public may also call our station directly at 518-563-9770 and inquire as to the above meeting information and copies of minutes.
- 2014-15 990 Tax Form
- 2014-15 990 T Tax Form
- 2013-14 Audited Financial Statements
- 2014-2015 Audited Financial Statements
- 2014-15 Local Content and Service Report
- Annual EEO Public File Report
- Annual Diversity Report
- Annual Financial Report
Mountain Lake PBS' Audited Financial Statements, 990, 990T and Local Content and Service Report is available by using the links above are updated within days of their availability. Inspection of financial records is available by appointment at the station. Copies of any public financial statements will be made available within 5 business days of request at a cost of 10 cents per page (USD).
Mountain Lake Public Telecommunications Council
[Call Sign - WCFE]
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station(s): [WCFE and Communities of License] and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their websites, if they have websites.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning February 1,2013 to and including January 31, 2014 (the “Applicable Period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
- A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
- For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of thenew EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contactperson and telephone number;
- The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during theApplicable Period;
- Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during theApplicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment sourceutilized in connection with such vacancies; and
- A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) ofthe FCC rules.
Appendices 1, 2 and 3 which follow have been designed, in the aggregate, to provide therequired information. Please note that the numbers listed on Appendix 2 under the columnentitled “Full-time Positions for Which This Source Was Utilized” refer to the number of thefull-time job positions listed on Appendix 1.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone or by e-mail.
President & CEO:
Director of Programming & On Air Fundraising:
Director of Communications:
Director of Fundraising & Business Development:
Director of Engineering:
Director of Content & Finance:
Director of Sales & Events:
Mountain Lake PBS is proud to hold memberships or affiliations with the following organizations:
- Association of Public Broadcast Stations (APBS)
- Citizens for Public Broadcasting
- Small Station Association (SSA)