To inspire and enrich people and communities through meaningful storytelling, entertainment, education and public engagement.
Inspire, Enrich, Engage
- Creativity and Innovation
- Public Engagement
- Community Building and Education
- Stewardship and Sustainability
- Passion and Thoughtfulness
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Trust and Respect
Mountain Lake PBS is owned and operated by the Mountain Lake Public Telecommunications Council – a volunteer board of trustees representing the geographic area of the station’s broadcast signal. Mountain Lake PBS is a non-profit organization, and is the licensee of WCFE TV/Channel 57. We are represented in Canada by Les Amis Canadiens de Mountain Lake PBS. Mountain Lake PBS has a volunteer Community Advisory Board to provide the station with additional support and guidance.
The station serves as a member of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), for which around forty percent of our funding comes from voluntary contributions made by individual members, businesses and organizations. The remaining comes from various foundation support, New York State, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
Mountain Lake PBS provides high quality and non-commercial programming to approximately 4 million people throughout New York, Vermont, and Quebec, carrying PBS favorites like NOVA, Masterpiece, PBS Newshour, Frontline and a variety of children's programs including Sesame Street, Arthur and Curious George. Mountain Lake PBS also produces local programs including Mountain Lake Journal and occasional public forums.
We reach over 3.9 million viewers via antenna reception, cable or satellite providers in New York, Vermont, Quebec and Ontario.
Board of Directors
BOARD OF TRUSTEES - 2017
- Dr. James Liszka (BoardChair), NY
- Charlotte Brimstein (1st Vice Chair), NY
- Peter Ensel (2nd Vice Chair), NY
- Patrick Russell (Treasurer) NY
- Margot Zeglis (Secretary) NY
- Jeffrey Rendinaro, NY
- Dr. Mark Davey, NY
- Deb Cleary, NY
- Aaron Woolf, NY
- Antonietta Ciarlone, Canada
- Miriam Goulding, NY
- Thomas Hoy, NY
- Colin Read, NY
- Christopher Kreig, NY
2017 Meeting Dates
- January 10, 2017 (*** The Board entered into a Closed Executive Session at 6:35 p.m. for approximately 10 minutes to discuss a personnel matter.)
- February 28, 2017
- April 25, 2017
- June 20, 2017
- August 22, 2017
- October 24, 2017
- December 12, 2017
Committe Meetings are held at Mountain Lake PBS Headquarters.
January 9, 2017 (Nominating & Governance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
January 13, 2017 (Development & Engagement Committee Meeting 9:30 am)
January 18, 2017 (Business Development Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
January 23, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm) (*** The Board entered into a Closed Executive Session at 5:35 p.m. for approximately 10 minutes to discuss a personnel matter.)
February 15, 2017 (Development & Engagement Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
February 27, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
March 13, 2017 (Nominating & Governance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
March 15,2017 (Business Development Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
March 20, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
April 17, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
May 8, 2017 (Nominating & Governance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
May 15, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
May 17, 2017 (Business Development Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
June 19, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm))
July 10, 2017 (Nominating & Governance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
July 18, 2017 ( Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
July 19, 2017 (Business Development Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
August 15, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
September 11, 2017 (Nominating & Governance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
September 18, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
September 20,2017 (Business Development Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
October 16, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
November 13, 2017 (Nominating & Governance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
November 15, 2017 (Business Development Committee Meeting 8:00 am)
November 20, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 5:00 pm)
December 12, 2017 (Finance Committee Meeting 4:00 pm)
COMMUNITY ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
- Eleanor Garrell Berger
- Connie Fisher
- Janice Marchut Conrad
- Deena McCullough
- Dan Senkowski
- Justin Barrett-Stearns
- Greg Gregoriou, PHD
- Charlotte Brimstein (Board Liason)
2017 Meeting Dates
- March 1, 2017 (4:00 pm)
- June 7, 2017 (4:00 pm)
- September 6, 2017 (4:00 pm)
- December 6, 2017 (4:00 pm)
Copies of open Board Meeting minutes are available upon request at the station. In compliance with Section 396(k) of the Communications Act, Mountain Lake PBS maintains an open meeting policy. The public is welcome at all meetings. The public may also call our station directly at 518-563-9770 and inquire as to the above meeting information and copies of minutes.
- 2015-2016 Audited Financial Statement
- 2015-16 Local Content and Service Report
- Annual EEO Public File Report
- Annual Diversity Report
- Annual Financial Report
Mountain Lake PBS' Audited Financial Statements and Local Content and Service Report is available by using the links above. Inspection of financial records is available by appointment at the station. Copies of any public financial statements will be made available within 5 business days of request at a cost of 10 cents per page (USD).
Mountain Lake Public Telecommunications Council
[Call Sign - WCFE]
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station(s): [WCFE and Communities of License] and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their websites, if they have websites.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning February 1, 2016 to and including January 31, 2017 (the “Applicable Period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
- A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
- For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
- The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period;
- Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
- A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) of the FCC rules.
Appendices 1, 2 and 3 which follow have been designed, in the aggregate, to provide the required information. Please note that the numbers listed on Appendix 2 under the column entitled “Full-time Positions for Which This Source Was Utilized” refer to the number of the full-time job positions listed on Appendix 1.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone or by e-mail.
Director of Programming & On Air Fundraising:
Director of Engagement & Marketing:
Director of Fundraising & Business Development:
Director of Engineering:
Director of Content & Finance / Interim Chief Operating Officer:
Director of Sales & Events:
Mountain Lake PBS is proud to hold memberships or affiliations with the following organizations:
- Association of Public Broadcast Stations (APBS)
- Citizens for Public Broadcasting
- Small Station Association (SSA)