About Mountain Lake Moves
Mountain Lake Moves is a focus at the station to encourage healthy eating and physical fitness in kids and families. We recognize that healthy eating and physical activity must be a community priority, and we're dedicating resources to make health priority. The greatest threat to our children is obesity.
Children's knowledge of physical activity and healthy eating choices are paramount to a happy and healthy adult life. Children who are physically active on a regular basis will reap enormous benefits. Studies have shown that among other things, they are less likely to become overweight.
Things to consider . . .
- Overweight children have an increased risk of being overweight as adults.
- Genetics, behavior, and family environment play a role in childhood overweight.
- Childhood overweight increases the risk for certain medical and psychological conditions.
- Encourage overweight children to be active, decrease screen time, and develop healthful eating habits.
- Nationally 33% of children are considered obese, locally 44% of children in Clinton, Essex and Franklin Counties are considered obese.