MORAL RESPONSIBILITY AND GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP – STUDENT TRIP TO EUROPE
May 25 – June 6, 2017
Students: you are the leaders of tomorrow! The issues of yesterday and today will become your duty and moral responsibility tomorrow.
Join students from Vanier College in Montreal and SUNY Plattsburgh for this incredible life-changing journey.
Faced first hand with intense and difficult situations and personal interactions, this once-in-a-lifetime experience is designed to not only develop your critical and empathetic thinking, but to inspire you towards engaged and active citizenship.
This trip is open to young adults 18 years and over.
Itinerary – Select Activities
- Holocaust Memorial; Jewish Museum; Stadttempel Synagogue; Documentation Centre for Austrian Resistance
- Meeting with refugees at Caritas Refugee and Integration Centre,
- Meeting former Gedenkdieners (“Austria Service Abroad”)
- Reception at Canadian Embassy
- The Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp was a slave labor camp used by the Nazis. With over 50 sub-camps and a capacity for nearly 100,000 prisoners in its multiple complexes, some estimate that over 300,000 people were murdered here.
- Meeting with Niklas Frank son of former Nazi, Hans Frank sentenced to execution at Nuremberg trials
- House of Responsibility, Brannau
- Meeting with Dr. Andreas Maislinger, Chairman of Austrian Service Abroad and Holocaust survivor
- Vatican – Audience with Papal Official
- Grande Moschea – tour followed by intercultural student exchange addressing contemporary global issues
Cost: $2,500 CDN (approximately $2,000 USD)
Includes flight, accommodation and some meals.
For more information please contact:
Montreal / Vanier:
Marlene Grossman email@example.com
Jennifer Joseph firstname.lastname@example.org
Plattsburgh / SUNY:
Richard Schaefer email@example.com